Amie Immigration Law Office
Amie Immigration Law Office

Types of visas  

To work/study/live in Japan, you need to be certified for eligibility and get an appropriate visa. A person can get only one type of visa at a time. If you are eligible for more than one, you need to choose one visa type. We can give an advice on which visa is the best type for you.

Types of visas are shown below.

Immigration Procedures

Case 1: Getting a visa before coming to Japan → “Immigration Procedure”

Case 2: You are in Japan and have a certain visa → “Immigration Procedure Change and Extension”

Application Procedures

You contact us, we communicate with each other, we offer a contract and so on.


What is a Certificate of Eligibility?
A Certificate of Eligibility is issued before a visa application by a regional immigration authority under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice as evidence that the foreign national meets the conditions for landing in Japan, including the requirements that the activity in which the foreign national wishes to engage in Japan at the time of the landing examination is not fraudulent and is an activity that comes under a status of residence (excluding Temporary Visitor Status) stipulated in the Immigration Control Act.
 A foreign national in possession of a Certificate of Eligibility can get a visa issued more easily at an embassy or consulate within the standard processing period. Also, the landing permission will be given quickly if you show your Certificate of Eligibility to an immigration officer.
Certificate of Eligibility is valid for 3 months after it is issued, and it will become invalid if you can’t enter Japan in this period.

For more information