Immigration Procedures & Visa Application

Case 1: Getting a visa before coming to Japan

To work/study/live in Japan, you need to be certified for eligibility and get an appropriate visa. If you apply for a visa by yourself before coming to Japan, you need to follow the steps shown in the Chart 1. If we work for you, the steps of Chart 2&3 apply. Normally this is faster than Chart 1 procedures. It takes 1-3 months to get a visa depending on the kind of visas.


*When you apply for the Certificate of Eligibility, the cover document which shows the reason you are to be certified is very important.  As we know the right way of making the cover document with the knowledge of Japanese Immigration Law, normally the possibility of approval becomes higher.

*We also make the timely access to the officials for smooth approval.

*What is Gyousei-shoshi?

Gyousei-shoshi is Certified as Immigration Lawyers by the Japanese Government. We can help you with obtaining an appropriate visa and with other immigration procedures.

Case 2: You are in Japan and have a certain visa.
(Visa change and extension)

Visa Change

If you are already in Japan with some kind of long term visa and wish to change it to another type of visa, you need to file the application to change your visa status.

Visa Extension

Except for Permanent Resident visa, all visas have a certain time of validity and therefore it needs to be extended if you wish to stay in Japan further.